Wednesday, August 19, 2009

What is slowling my computer down? It isn't a virus, or spyware or adware. I have 76% space lef

I have a Laptop. It is fairly new. I defraged it, ran disk cleaup and a spyware/adware remover then ran mcafee. What could it be?



What is slowling my computer down? It isn't a virus, or spyware or adware. I have 76% space left. What is it?antivirus programs



It could definitely be cookies. I advice that you download ccleaner from the net, then run it. msconfig.exe can do wonders, however, it would be quite difficult to configure your system as you don't know which programs to disable.



to run msconfig. click start, run, then type in mscofing in the type box. Once the Msconfig window pops up, click the services tab, next, check out the hide windows services radio button, then select the applications you don't wish to run in your system. Do the same in the start up tab.



if you've downloaded ccleaner, do a disk clean up there to further remove unused cookies.



What is slowling my computer down? It isn't a virus, or spyware or adware. I have 76% space left. What is it?computer protection



Spyware can come onboard very quickly. It pays to run several spyware programs, I am running 4 programs now and I am just recovering from a very bad spell with my computer. The symptoms of spyware can be anything! I would suggest running Norton Ghost at times when the computer is running normally. A full restore brings back both the system, programs, settings, etc. Plus anything that was wrong when the backup point was established. So it pays to get multiple points. These are best kept on an external USB hard drive.
You probably have to many programs running at once. Close some programs that you aren't using.
I need to know your



1.Proccesor



2.Ram



3.Vid card



4.bandwith line



before i can help you
My sister and I have identical computers. We've both got cable internet. My computer runs about three times faster than hers. She's always got aim, msn messenger and yahoo messenger running...I think they really slow it down. You should look at your task manager and see what programs you've got running in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment